Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It is not down in any map; true places never are.  ~Herman Melville

On Saturday in Florence my professor took myself and the other students on a walking tour of Florence, and we visited Santa Croce, also known as the Basilica of the Holy Cross. This is one of the oldest and largest Franciscan basilicas in the world, and is the burial place of some of the most illustrious Italians, including Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Dante, and Galileo. On Sunday I worked on my studies, wrote some postcards, bought some items for myself and others (all souvenirs are remaining a surprise), and just lounged and walked around the city. Yesterday myself, the other students, and our professor visited Siena and San Gimignano, north-central Italian hill towns. I took (what I believe) to be some of my best pictures yet, and I hope you enjoy them!!
View from atop San Gimignano

Another view from atop San Gimignano

San Gimignano

San Gimignano

San Gimignano

San Gimignano

Church of Siena

Siena

Siena

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lucy, you're right. These are your best photos yet! The one of the Church of Siena is stunning. What a contrast of the blue sky and the church. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete