Friday, April 8, 2011

Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.  ~Anatole France

Yesterday was my last day in Paris, but I will be back in about a month and a half for another two weeks, so it is okay. I flew to Piza this afternoon and arrived in Florence, Italy safe and sound. On Tuesday I went to Chartres, which is a town about 60 kilometers southwest of Paris; the Cathedral there was breathtaking. Yesterday morning I had class, and afterwards I did not feel like visiting a specific site or dealing with massive crowds and tourists, so I went exploring (ok, it was more like me wandering/being lost), but it all worked out because I found myself on a bridge spanning the Seine River with a spectacular view of the back of Notre-Dame. So, I leaned against a lamp post on the rail of the bridge and just sat and wrote and enjoyed the view for an entire afternoon. It was WONDERFUL. Today I visited the Parc Monseau, which is a very unique garden in France because it is an English style garden instead of the traditional French style. Enjoy the pictures, and thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do updating it.
The Chartres Cathedral is the most well preserved medieval gothic cathedral in Europe

Chartres Cathedral also has the largest collection of medieval stained glass windows

Monet painted 5 paintings of the Parc Monceau

Parc Monceau was the landing site of the first silk parachute jump in 1797








2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are beautiful photographs! It looks like you're having some nice sunny days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying every word and every photograph. Notre Dame always makes me think of you. One I said something to grams about the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I pronounced it like Notre Dame the football team....you quickly corrected me to the French pronunciation. Be safe and wander more!

    ReplyDelete