Oh my gosh I looooooove Paris!! Yesterday I went to the Jardin des Plantes, and it was a massive expanse of gorgeous forestry and gardens. I took way too many pictures, most of which I shot simply from the various benches from which I enjoyed the beauty around me. Today I went to the Louvre, and it was simultaneously one of the most incredible and overwhelming experiences of my life. I read that if a person spent around twenty seconds on every work of art in the Louvre it would take them approximately seven years. No body could even truly appreciate the magnitude treasures that the Louvre holds. I came across works of art that I had seen in textbooks so many times, but encountering them in "real life" was like seeing them for the first time. They were incredible in scope and magnificent in beauty. I definitely do not want to spend seven years there, but a couple more would be nice. The pictures below did not upload in the order I had intended, but I think it will be okay. haha.

Picture from the Garden
Picture from the Garden
The entrance area to the Louvre
Picture from the Garden
Picture from the Garden
One of my personal favorites (though ironically I thought this painting was in Italy not France)
It was not until I was reviewing this picture that I realized it resembled the Ying/Yang sign. I do wish I could take credit for intentionally planning this picture (which is from the Garden...though I do not think I needed to clarify that...oh well)
Picture from the Garden
Painting of Napoleon's self-appointment as Emperor
She needs no introduction
This is my second favorite statue of all time...my first being in Florence (which I will also get to see!!)
The pyramids were not very popular (in general) among the French at first, but I think they are aesthetic and architectural marvels
I'm so thrilled for you! (And yes...Blogger does nutty things with my photos too!) Keep the updates coming. I SO enjoy seeing France through your eyes!
ReplyDelete