Thursday, May 5, 2011

We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.  ~Hilaire Belloc

Ok, so when I was in Paris I was set to move there, but now I am ready to move to Switzerland. Haha. It is absolutely stunning here. I have only been in Switzerland for two days and I have already taken over 300 pictures. Everything is so pristine; and clean too. I have never seen lakes as clear as they are here. Before I go any further, though, I am going to backtrack to my time in Italy a little. Last Thursday I visited Pompeii and on Friday I went to Herculaneum. I felt like I was walking through history itself instead of towns when I visited these two ancient cities. I had the weekend free of classes, so I did some shopping in and hiking around Sorrento on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday I flew to Bern, Switzerland with the other students and we stayed there Monday and Tuesday. I am now in Interlaken, and I am already wishing that I would be able to spend more time in Switzerland. But instead of lamenting my short amount of time here, I will just plan on coming back!
Sorrento

Sorrento

Bern

Bern

Sorrento

2 comments:

  1. I need Pompeii pictures!!!! (Although Sorrento is quite lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heritage mostly stems from Bern, Switzerland....I would love to visit...take me with you next time you go :) Haha

    It looks like you're having a fantastic time

    ReplyDelete