Saturday, May 14, 2011

I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.  ~Lillian Smith

So, while I was in Switzerland, I visited Bern, Interlaken, Ballenberg, Fribourg, Lausanne, and Geneva. I liked Interlaken the most, but I enjoyed every minute of my time in Switzerland; the languages, cultures, people, food, scenery, and every other aspect of these places was superb. If I had to choose one favorite thing that I did in Switzerland, I would have to say that being able to tour the United Nations in Geneva tops the list, though being in a field in the Alps and breaking into song with "The Hills are Alive..." is a close second (for those of you who do not know, the Sound of Music is my favorite movie of all time, and when I was little I used to watch it multiple times a day; it drove my family crazy). Haha. I arrived in Avignon, France last Wednesday, and I am glad to be back in France but I also miss Switzerland, especially the Alps. There are quite a few Switzerland pictures below, but I could not narrow them down any more. I hope you enjoy them!!

Interlaken

Geneva

Ballenberg

Fribourg

Fribourg

Hiking in the Alps

Hiking in the Alps

Interlaken

Fribourg

Interlaken. This is my dream home.

Geneva

Geneva

Fribourg

Fribourg

Lausanne

Lausanne

Lausanne

Lausanne

Lausanne

Lausanne

Geneva

Ballenberg

Hiking in the Alps

Hiking in the Alps

No comments:

Post a Comment