I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday visiting, touring, exploring, and walking around Avignon. On Saturday I went to Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue (a small town outside of Avignon), Gordes (a beautiful hill town), and Roussillon (a hill town completely constructed of ochre, which is a red-orange stone). On Suday I went to the Pont du Gard (the very famous Roman aqueduct) and Arles, where Van Gogh painted many of his masterpieces. In Arles I went on a Van Gogh walking tour and saw all of the real-life places and scenes that he painted while he lived in the town. On Sunday I went to Cassis, which is on the Mediterranean, and I basically just napped, read, wrote, and took pictures all day on the beach; I got a little sunburned, but it was so worth it to have such a laid back and relaxing day. Yesterday it was cold and rainy in Seattle, and myself and all of the other students felt a little bad because we were earning college credits lying out on a sunny beach on the French Riviera, but “Life is like that” someone once said.
Avignon
Avignon
Avignon
Avignon
Avignon
The cafe in Arles that Van Gogh painted.
Arles
Arles
Cassis
Cassis
Cassis
Cassis
Avignon
Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue
Gordes
Gordes
Roussillon
Pont de Gard





No comments:
Post a Comment