Wednesday, March 2, 2016

After Tiffany and I's Eastern European road trip, I returned to Germany. I am currently in Munich, where I have partaken in the city's food and beer. I visited the famous Neuschwanstein Castle. This is one of the places I have most wanted to visit my entire life, and it started snowing as soon as my group and I left for the castle. At first, I was disappointed with the weather because on a clear day, you can see the Neuschwanstein Castle as you hike to it. But my group and I couldn't see the castle through the wind, fog, and snow until we were directly beneath it, which turned out to be one of the most breathtaking things I had ever seen. The castle was suddenly visible, as if it had magically appeared before our eyes. The castle was shrouded in ice and snow, which gave it an ethereal and fantastical appearance. It's easy to see why this castle would have inspired so many fairy tales. I did not get to see the Neuschwanstein Castle as most people are able to see it, which made my experience all the more incredible.

 The Linderhof Palace
 Fog rolling in over a lake in the Bavarian countryside
 Frozen trees lined the trail to the castle
 The Neuschwanstein Castle as so few people are able to see it
 The inner courtyard of the castle
 The snowy mountainside on which the castle is built
The Neuschwanstein Castle barely visible through the snow and mist

No comments:

Post a Comment