Well, I returned to the States late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, and it was strange coming home to the "consumerized" and surplus holiday season after living in a part of the world where poverty is intrinsic and wide-spread on a scale than I have ever experienced. I am reconciling much of what I have seen and learned with how my life will be now that I have returned. There are many personal and social adjustments ahead for me, but I would not trade my experience in Guatemala for anything. My time there was incredible and I believe I am a more informed and better person as a result of it, but I am also just glad to be back home.
The mountains south of Magdalena, where I did my internship
Magdalena sky
Magdalena
Pacific Beach
Pacific Coast
Pacific Coast
Sunset over the Pacific
This reminds me of the opening scene of the Lion King :)
Another Pacific sunset picture
Yet another sunset picture
View from a mountain hike
Another view from the hike
Top of the hike
Yet another hike view
Me trying to catch baby chickens to vaccinate them
Me injecting a bull
No comments:
Post a Comment